Debunking the Most Common Marijuana Myths That Exist Today

There's been a lot of gossip and hearsay in the cannabis industry these days. Let's debunk the most common marijuana myths that exist today.

Around 12% of Americans smoke marijuana, a great way to unwind and relax. However, the other 88% of the population are often confused about the truth of marijuana use.

Is it dangerous? Is it illegal? With so many marijuana myths, it can be hard to know the truth about what it’s like to use weed.

Don’t worry though, as we’re here to help. To find out more, keep reading to find out some of the most common myths when it comes to marijuana use, along with the real story.

Marijuana Is Illegal

Buying a joint means you could go to jail, right? It’s a huge myth that marijuana possession means you’ll be arrested, as it has been legalized in many states.

In states where it hasn’t been legalized, you can still purchase it as long as you have a medical card, which isn’t difficult to get.

No need to buy from a dodgy dealer, as you can safely buy from a local distillery like Harvest HOC.

Weed Leads to People Becoming Violent Criminals

Does smoking marijuana mean you’re more likely to commit a violent crime? No, the vast majority of recreational smokers don’t rob banks or commit murder—they simply want to relax!

For decades, politicians have overstated the dangers of marijuana to try to scare people from using it. For what it’s worth, weed also isn’t a gateway drug, so using it doesn’t make you more likely to use more dangerous drugs like cocaine or heroin.

Marijuana Was Stronger in the Old Days

Smokers often say that marijuana was more potent in the good ol’ days of the 60s and 70s. This isn’t true though, as you can find plenty of high-quality weed strains.

The best marijuana strain will definitely get you high. In fact, smokers have more options than ever before, thanks to synthetic weed and selective cannabis breeding.

Marijuana Will Always Get You High

For those who’ve never used products like cannabis oil or hemp, they often worry that even touching the stuff will get them high. Don’t worry though, as this definitely isn’t true!

Marijuana contains an active ingredient that produces a feeling of being high, but this active ingredient isn’t found in hemp or CBD oil, so it’s safe and won’t make you fail a drug test.

These Marijuana Myths Need to Go!

Now that you know more about the most common marijuana myths, we hope you feel more comfortable when it comes to weed! Sadly, many people don’t know the truth about marijuana, so if you hear anyone talking about one of these myths, be sure to correct them.

The marijuana industry in the US is safer and more regulated than ever before, so there’s never been a better time to try it out!

Did you find this article helpful? If so, please keep reading to find out more.

Recommended Articles