You’ve finally found the perfect wallpaper for your little one’s nursery—now all you have to do is install it. If you’re feeling a bit intimidated, you’re not alone. Installing wallpaper can be tricky in a bedroom, living room, or any other room.
But when it comes to installing nursery wallpaper in particular, the stakes are higher. Not only do you want your precious little one to be safe and sound in their nursery, but you also want to ensure the wallpaper looks great and lasts for years.
So when it comes down to it—should you install the wallpaper yourself or hire a professional installer? Don’t worry—in this article; we’ll look at both sides of the argument and give tips on what to consider when making this critical decision.
Types of Wallpaper for Nursery Designs
From polka dots to cartoon characters, there are a lot of wallpaper designs available for nurseries. If you want to get creative with the décor, you can even consider mixing and matching multiple designs.
No matter what design you choose, it’s essential to ensure that it is safe and child-proof—think washable and wipeable surfaces. Some famous examples of suitable quality wallpaper that are often used in nurseries include:
- Vinyl Wallpaper: It is waterproof, easy to clean and durable, which makes it an excellent choice for homes with kids and pets. Plus, it’s available in a wide variety of colours and styles.
- Fabric Wallpaper: Fabric wallpaper is often made with natural materials like cotton or linen and is breathable. This makes it ideal for rooms where temperature regulation is critical, as fabric helps keep the temperature steady throughout the day. It also adds texture and depth to a space.
- Mural Wallpaper: Mural wallpapers often set the tone for an entire room by featuring a large-scale print on one wall. They are usually easy to install, but hiring professionals is recommended if you want something more intricate, as they often work with complex patterns that require expert installation.
Benefits of a Professional Installer
If you’re looking to spruce up your nursery with beautiful wallpaper, you might be wondering if you need to hire a professional installer or if you can manage the process yourself. Hiring a professional installer offers you a few benefits.
They will have the expertise and know-how to ensure proper installation and avoid potential issues. They also have access to high-grade tools and equipment, making the job far easier than if you did it alone. Plus, the job will likely take less time with a pro on the job since they can judge the best way to approach each step in the installation correctly and efficiently.
Hiring a pro is likely your safest bet if your wallpaper is particularly delicate. Professionals know how to work with unique materials like custom vinyls and fabrics, as well as paper and digital prints—and they can do so without causing damage or reducing the quality of your wallpaper project.
Tips for Self-Installation of Nursery Wallpaper
If you feel confident about your DIY skills, consider taking the plunge and installing wallpaper nursery yourself. And if that’s the case for you, here are a few helpful tips to keep in mind before getting started:
- Measure twice, cut once: Before purchasing wallpaper and other supplies, measure the walls in the nursery carefully, so you know exactly how much wallpaper you’ll need. It could be a costly mistake if your measurements are off by even an inch or two!
- Take your time: Take your time with applying wallpaper. Spend some time studying wallpapering techniques and ask questions if needed. The more prepared you are before getting started, your project will be better!
- Get the right tools: To get a professional installation look with wallpapering, make sure you have all the right tools for the job. This includes wallpaper adhesive and items like rollers, scissors and levellers.
Taking on any new project can seem daunting at first. But with some research and preparation ahead of time, chances are that installing nursery wallpaper yourself could be lots of fun—and end with stunning results!
DIY vs Professional Installation: Cost Comparison
Consider the cost comparison if you’re deciding whether or not to hire a professional wallpaper installer for your nursery. Installing wallpaper yourself can be a money-saving option, as long as you have the time and skillset necessary. However, hiring a professional can save you time and money in the long run if it’s done correctly.
§ DIY Cost
Installing nursery wallpaper depends on the type of wallpaper you choose and the material and supplies needed, but it can range from $50-$200 or more. You’ll need to purchase tools such as a pasting table, sharp utility knife, seam roller, scissors and more.
§ Professional Installation Cost
Hiring a professional installer typically costs around $200-$400 per room, depending on your location, complexity and size of the project. As part of their services, they will also provide all tools and supplies needed, including wallpaper paste and primer.
To determine which option is best for your budget, consider installation costs plus any extras such as re-arrangement fees or additional materials you may need if you choose a DIY approach.
Installing nursery wallpaper can be daunting, but with proper guidance and preparation, it can be a simple process. If you’re a DIY enthusiast and have the time, then going alone could be a rewarding experience.
Alternatively, if you take a back seat and leave the task to a professional, that is an option. By understanding the advantages and disadvantages of DIY wallpapering and selecting the right supplier, you can get the best out of your nursery wallpaper installation.